Saturday, October 4, 2008

Bones 4.06: The Crank in the Shaft

FINALLY! That's all I have to say: FINALLY!

We FINALLY get some reaction from both Angela and Hodgins concerning the fact that they broke up (a month ago). I was beginning to believe that we were never going to see the situation play itself out.

And I really feel that we are FINALLY getting our characters written back to the way we've known them. Starting with just the beginning of the episode. The first thing we see is a shot of Booth's "cocky" belt buckle. I think that's the first time we've seen anything like that from him all season, even his socks are not sticking out in my mind.

The case was ok. I actually haven't figured out why the FBI was investigating it, other than the need for Brennan and the rest of the squints to put together the pieces. However, they're independent contractors (as Brennan makes very clear in this episode), so why would they need the FBI's help? Because I'm pretty sure they don't have jurisdiction over that office building. Great, now I'm curious. I'll have to ask someone about that later.

Overall, I was pretty happy with this episode. Once again the revolving grad student made me laugh (though that lip ring would not have been allowed in a real facility), and everyone seems to be interacting in a more natural manner. I don't mind if they change, but it needs to feel natural. But now I'm really looking forward to the next episode.

-Faith

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Heroes TV Series' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP