Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Heroes 3.03: One of Us, One of Them

It's really hard to follow the last episode, but I think they did a pretty good job. Parts of the plot seemed to stall, but in other parts it was running ahead full tilt. I mean, the Claire story line has great potential for the next episode, but it felt rather dry. Again, it was great, just very slow because there was so much else going on in this episode.

Hiro and Ando make me laugh. I love the Batman analogies, and it's interesting to note that Ando is no longer trusting Hiro like he used to (see what happens when we go to the future? have we learned our lesson? probably not). And I'm really liking this new Daphnie character. She's got great potential.

And everyone knows what I'm going to complain about. They killed Jessie (Weevil from Veronica Mars)! Yeah, that bummed me out.

It looks like my theory regarding Tracy may just hold up. We know now that Nickie is dead (Is anyone really sad? I mean, I am, but it just didn't have the impact I would have thought). And she and Tracy have the same birthdate at the same hospital, delivered by the same doctor. When he told Tracy that he created her, I for one was pretty excited. Can't wait to find out more next episode.

Sorry for the disjointed-ness. I have a test in the morning and I'm really tired (And did I mention I haven't studied? Oh yeah, it'll be great). I'll try to get some more done before we record tomorrow night.

-Faith

1 comments:

NoelCT October 4, 2008 at 3:14 AM  

I think Nikki's death lost a lot of impact because the entire plot with her and Jessica (and then a third persona popping up out of the blue) got so convoluted, audience interest started to wane.

What did you think of pairing up Noah and Sylar as partners? I thought is was an interesting idea, but needed more of a buildup. As it is, it's thrown at us so suddenly, it can't help but feel contrived. Still, there were some great scenes between the two.

Overall, it was a mixed episode. Some really fantastic stuff held down by moments of forced plotting.

And, yes, the Hiro/Ando/Daphne plot thread has already become my favorite of the season.

  © Blogger template 'Heroes TV Series' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP