Thursday, October 9, 2008

A (wo)man's got to do what a (wo)man's got to do...

Greetings, Cyberland!

So it's currently fall break at our quaint little university in the middle of nowhere. Faith has headed home, as have I. That being said, at this point in our podcasting abilities (or rather, lack thereof), it's kind of hard for us to podcast together. We'll get this figured out eventually, I promise. Probably before Thanksgiving.

That being said, I'm going to go ahead and blog my reaction to all the shows that I watched this week.

Starting with Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles.
What can I say about this week's episode? It was good. Not awesome, but good. I like all the future flashes that have been going on recently. I know that Kyle Reese was supposed to be in this episode at some point, but I didn't catch who it was. Oh well, like I said, it was good none the less. It was nice to see a Triple 8 in this episode, haven't really seen one of those in awhile. I like the bonding between Sarah and the little Marty. They were cute together. I'm glad Sarah gets to play mom to a "normal boy" who hasn't been hardened by having to run his entire life (aka not John). I like how they made little Marty such a normal perfectionist child. He was obsessed with normalcy - getting his book report done. As an education major, I know how children act in tough situations, how they grasp for anything normal. I like how Cameron (of all people... er... terminators) picked up Wizard of Oz. Very cool.

All of the Wizard of Oz references made me happy. I love that story. Never actually read the book, but still. I want to now. Everything from the overall plot line to the names they chose (Baum) made me grin. It was just good.

Can't wait until next week!

Heroes
Um, wow? First of all, LOL @ dream sequence. Seriously, why Parkman? We have at least two other characters on the show that have dreams that predict the future, but we watch the dream of a dude stuck in the desert in Africa on Peyote. Hmmph. That was really my only complaint. Otherwise, the episode was really good.

Poor Peter. Both of them. It's become apparent that Future!Peter is the Villain of this season (so far), which is sad. And I think even Future!Peter has realized that as well. Present!Peter is just confused. Poor guy. Why does he need Syler's power?

It's weird, but I like Parkman and Daphne together in the future, and teenage Molly made me grin. She really has grown up some.

So apparently it's destiny that Claire will have dark hair in the future. We keep going back to that point. And apparently she's going to be evil regardless now.

Why can't Future!Future!Peter go back and stop Future!Peter from shooting Nathan? Oh, right, because we wouldn't have season 3.

Speaking of Nathan, I like him and Tracy together. Apparently it's also destiny for Nathan to become president. I guess the only question at this point is who will be the first lady. Lol.

Tracy... one of two sets of identical triplets. Cool. So we have Nikki, Tracy, and... Barbara? I wonder what her power is. And "created?" Peter mentioned something about this as well... how some people were born with powers and others were created with them. Interesting. Well, we know what the formula does now.

HIRO! Dude. Seriously? Since when should ANYONE listen to Angela Petrelli? She's obviously evil. Well, for the most part. But yeah, how could Hiro EVER think it would be a good idea to dig up Adam? Come on. *sigh*

Ok, I'm done for now on Heroes. I'm sure I'll rant/rave a bit when we finally end up podcasting.

Knight Rider
I watched the first couple episodes, and it's really good! I like it so far. Faith has pretty much covered the feel of the episodes, but I have one thing to add - Billy from KR is Billy from Battlestar Galactica. That made me laugh. Hardcore. Love his interactions with the Asian chick, Zoe, I believe. They crack me up!

True Blood
Wow. Great episode. New theory that my friend Kamille and I came up with - Sam is the dog that keeps following Sookie around. Just a thought.

Nice to see how Bill was changed. Though I'm a bit fuzzy on the mechanics. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.

True Blood is good at ending episodes with "OMG, NO WAY" moments. Wow.

Sorry this is so incredibly long. I'm sure we'll podcast a bit at some point, either that or wait until next week!

You know you love us,
-Ky

5 comments:

NoelCT October 10, 2008 at 12:47 AM  

Thank you. I've been reading complaints left and right about the kid in T:SCC, but I also thought he was believable and surprisingly relevant to Sarah's character arc.

What also got me grinning was how they used the T-888 plot to hearken back to the first film ... even though two minors being listed in the phone book is a bit of a contrivance.

Give WIZARD OF OZ a read. It's shocking how loose of an adaptation the original film is.

- -

HEROES didn't do much for me this week. I thought they spent too much time in the future instead of getting things rolling in the present. It just felt a little ... empty.

- -

The best part of TRUE BLOOD this week was when Lafayette made himself even cooler in my eyes by trashing those idiots with the burger.

And you aren't kidding about those "OMG, NO WAY" endings.

Chic Geek Podcast October 10, 2008 at 8:33 PM  

I know what you mean about Heroes, it seems like almost a completely irrelevant episode simply because, at this point, we know most of that stuff probably won't happen. I just like seeing what could've happened.

I agree though, plot-wise, it was rather empty. Except for digging up Adam at the end.
---
I can't believe I forgot to mention Layfayette's rant! My friends and I were sitting there cheering him on. He rocks. Love him!

I wonder where they're going to go from here, and if Sookie's grandmother's murder will be related to the other two murders. I'm guessing so.

NoelCT October 11, 2008 at 12:35 AM  

About HEROES ...

I agree that the problem about showing what could have been is the sense that we're already in the process of seeing it changed. If they really wanted to explore the future in detail, they should have just made that the entire first episode, with Future Pete zipping back to the past to shoot Nathan in the final scene.

Hiro and Matt could still have their glimpses, but mainly as brief, alternate angles of what's shown to us in the first episode.

- -

About TRUE BLOOD ...

Here's the question burning in my mind: Is Grandma actually dead yet, or can she still be revived by Bill's blood like Sookie was?

I'm guessing dead, but the alternative does bring up some interesting possibilities.

TotallyNotNick October 12, 2008 at 12:13 PM  

Hey gals, my name is Nick Jimenez, I'm a cast member of Geek By Night (I play Billy) and a brand new listener of the podcast. Um, I kinda just started my own blogger account with two, brand new blogs on it and if you don't mind I would totally appriciate iit if you guys checked it out. The first is a writing project called The Half-Blood Rocker (halfbloodrcoker.blogspot.com) and the second is a webcomic called Friends Kinda (friendskinda.blogspot.com)
Anyhoo, great job on the show you guys, sorry if advertising myself comes off as a little tacky...
thnaks!
nick J.

Kamie October 12, 2008 at 7:31 PM  

I'm really excited about tonight's episode of True Blood!

  © Blogger template 'Heroes TV Series' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP